Welcome to Year 4
Welcome to Year 4.
We have two classes in Year 4, who each have their own class identities. Mrs Gelder’s class are called the ‘Globe Trotters’ and Mrs Harrison’s class are the ‘Movie Stars’. During Autumn term, our units of work are Wonders of the World and Ancient Egypt. We will read The Firework Makers Daughter and Fantastic Mr Fox in English and also produce lots of engaging pieces of writing such as explaining the Mummification process.
Whilst in Year 4, you will get the opportunity to take part in weekly swimming lessons and we also have a one-night residential experience available in the Summer Term. 4H start have their swimming lessons from September until February half term and 4G will then start in Spring 2 until the end of the academic year.
Please see some key information about Year 4 below:
- Our break times is 10:30am – 10:45am
- Lunch time is 12:10pm – 1:00pm
- PE is on Thursdays. Please come to school wearing your PE kit on these days
- Reading books and homework (including Spellings) should be brought into school on Mondays
- A new reading book and homework will be sent home on Tuesdays
- We will use Class Dojo to keep parents and carers up to date with our learning