Welcome to Year 3
Hello everyone, Miss Goodwin, Mrs Amin and Mr Metcalfe here!
Welcome to Year 3’s class page. We have had such a wonderful start to the year. It has been fantastic learning all about; Europe, Ancient Greece, The Stone Age, Bronze Age and The Iron Age during our topic lessons; creating clay pots and learning how to sew in art and D&T as well as Kinball, dance, orienteering and dodgeball in PE. We cannot wait to continue having fun with you all. We have an of exciting topic ahead of us this half term… Comparing a European city with Manchester! Keep your eyes peeled on class dojo’s for lots of pictures of us learning and exploring this topic together.
Here are some pictures of our fabulous classrooms:
Some key information about Year 3:
- Children start at 8.45am and finish at 3.05pm
- Our break times are 10.30am – 10.45am
- Outdoor PE is on a Friday and children are to come to school dressed in their PE Kits (Indoor kit – white t-shirt, black shorts and pumps or trainers. Outdoor kit – dark, plain tracksuit or joggers and hoodie/sweatshirt with trainers). Please remember this is uniform and the children should not be coming in wearing other outfits. As always earing must be removed for safety reasons unless they’ve just been pierced and hair should be tied back.
- Reading Diaries and Homework will be handed in every Monday. Please only bring books to school in on this day
- New Homework and Reading Books will be sent out on a Tuesday.
- We will use Class Dojo to keep parents and carers up to date on our learning