Latest from Year 1
Year 1 have really enjoyed the Autumn Term and we can’t believe how quickly it has gone!
We started the year off with our Plants and Minibeasts topic where we got to explore the school grounds on a minibeast hunt. Year 1 even got to revisit Brockholes where we were taken outside to identify different types of trees. We also had so much fun pond dipping even if we did get wet through.
Before Christmas, we had our ‘Crazy Colours’ topic. Not a day went by where we didn’t have a paint brush or glue in our hands! We created lots of amazing paintings using all the art skills we had been practising.
Check out our latest pictures from Autumn term and take a look at what is coming up in Spring term below!
What’s have Year 1 got to look forward to in the Spring term?
- Two exciting topics – ‘Amazing Animals’ and ‘To Infinity and beyond’
- Peter Pan Pantomime on Thursday 10th January
- Class 1C have their Class assembly on Friday 15th February
- World Book Day on Wednesday 6th March with a special visit from the Pop Project delivering a fun musical show called ‘Six Decades of Books’
- Knowsley Safari Park Trip – Tuesday 26th February
- Easter Egg Competition