Admission to Cadishead Primary School is based on the criteria laid down in Salford’s Admission Policy. Fifty places are available in our nursery classes.
In the event of the school being oversubscribed, children fulfilling the following criteria would be given a priority for places:
- Medical Reasons
- Children in need as defined by the Children Act 1989
- Older brother or sister currently enrolled at school
- Distance from school, priority given to children who live nearest.
- Parents who are not offered a place can appeal against the decision. In this case Salford Education Department must be contacted.
The full Salford Admissions policy appears below.
Salford Education Authority Admissions Policy
Admissions are organised by the Salford Admissions Team. They will try to meet parental preferences for schools but it is not always possible to do so.
Places in schools are limited by the physical space in the school. Each school has an admission number which is based on it’s size. If the number of pupils requiring places at the school exceeds the admission number then not everybody will be successful in obtaining a place there. This is what is meant when a school is said to be ‘oversubscribed’.
If a school is oversubscribed the places available will be allocated according to the following admission criteria:
- Medical reasons – If claiming medical reasons, parents/carers must provide evidence from their doctor that their child has a medical condition that means that admission to that specific school is essential.
- Special educational needs – Children whose statement of special educational needs stipulates that specific school.
- Children in need – Children in need as defined by the Children Act (1989).Those who are unlikely to achieve or maintain or have the opportunity of achieving or maintaining a reasonable standard of health or development or a child whose health or development would be impaired without the provision of services by the local authority. Applications under this criterion would need to be supported by an appropriate professional stating that attendance at a particular school is essential. This includes children in public care.
- Older brother or sister in attendance at the school at the date when the pupil is to be admitted. This includes step-children and foster children living with the same family at the same address.
- Attendance at an associated primary school – Each school has a group of associated primary schools.
- Distance from school – This would involve the measurement being made between the child’s permanent residence and the preferred school in a straight line. Those children who live closes to the school will get priority for places.
Applying for a place
Cadishead is on the boundary of the Salford Education Authority. When applying for a place you complete the Salford online Application form for entry.
If you are applying to Year 7 and would prefer school outside the authority you must complete the Salford Education Authority forms and the LEA will notify the relevant school.
You can contact the Salford Schools Admission Team on Tel: 0161 778 0415
Cadishead Primary has adopted the Salford Admissions Policy, so please click the link below to read the current details in full.